All the action from the North East Wales League

By N Beech

Courtesy of Dave Jones


Castell Alun Colts 0 Greenfield 6
Ryan Jones and Lewis Williams both struck twice as Greenfield moved three points clear at the Premier summit.

Connor Hughes and Liam Simon also netted for the visitors.

Hawarden Rangers 2 Mynydd Isa Spartans 0
Two goals from Aaron North on 30 and 36 minutes secured the points for Hawarden.

New Brighton Villa 0 Llangollen Town 4
Benjamin Wilson (2), Jake Hayward and Rupeni Thorn split the goals in a thumping away win for Llangollen.

Overton Recreational 1 Queen’s Park 1
Christopher Bush’s 80th minute equaliser salvaged a commendable point for bottom side Overton against the Park, who led through Niall Martin’s first half goal.

Bellevue 0 Connah’s Quay Town 10
Town lie third and well in title contention in a revised Championship table after hitting double figures at Bellevue.

Ben Howarth and Jake Reilly both struck twice for the visitors, with one apiece supplied by John Coady, Jamie Wynne, Lee Reynolds, Dan Cooper, Lee Butterworth and Callum Woods.

Johnstown YFC 2 Caerwys 1
Goals from Keneth Davies and Robert Reynolds gave Johnstown a two-goal lead which proved sufficient to beat Caerwys, Dion Davies replying on 80 minutes.

Ruabon Rovers 6 Sychdyn 0
Lee Price bagged a hat-trick for new leaders Ruabon in a six-goal caning of Sychdyn.

Andrew Swarbrick, Chris Bennion and Richard Griffiths added one each for the hosts.

Caerwys Reserves 4 Cefn Mawr Rangers Reserves 4
Dewi Nicholson’s 93rd minute leveller sealed Caerwys Reserves a point.

Callum Price and Kallum Roberts put the hosts two-up, but Rangers turned the tables to lead 3-2 at the break courtesy of Paolo Melacrinis. Leighton Jones and James Jones.
David Jones made it 3-3, but James Jones restored the Cefn advantage on 62.

It looked like that was that until Nicholson’s late equaliser.

Llangollen Town Reserves 1 Queen’s Park Reserves 3
Matthew Bithell, Dylan Jones and Sean Price scooped the goals which booked the points for the Park, George Roberts responding.

Coedpoeth United 3 Halkyn & Flint Mountain 4
A 95th minute own goal from Sion Turner sent Mountain into the next round.

David Hughes’ first-minute effort for Coedpoeth was all that separated the team at half time, Sam Jones and Allan Hughes (2) put the visitors 3-1 up before the hour, but a David Hughes double made it 3-3 before the unfortunate decider from the home team’s point of view.

North East Wales Football League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.